Consolicrete™ is a two-part epoxy designed to repair damaged substrates. Offering high strength and rapid curing, Consolicrete™ can amalgamate broken substrates together, consolidating the broken substrate into a stable surface for nished oor coverings.
Consolicrete™ may also be used as an epoxy primer for self-leveling overlayment applications.
- Typically a one coat requirement
- Fast cure
- Same day cover
- VOC free
- Compatible with most floor covering and toppings
- 1-1 mix ratio
- When ambient temperature is between 60-80ºF at the time of application, and during the curing process.
- Over dry lightweight or gypsum concrete underlayment.
- 10 Gallon Kit (86 lbs)
- Part A: 5 Gallons (Resin)
- Part B: 5 Gallons (Hardener)
Prior to installation, surface must be clean, completely free of dust, dirt, paint, sealer or any contaminant which might interfere with penetration or bond. Once slab is prepared begin mixing Consolicrete.
Using a notched squeegee or trowel, screed Consolicrete into the substrate allowing the product to penetrate into joints or cracks. Ensure there is a uniform coverage of Consolicrete onto the entire slab.
Use chemical resistant gloves and goggles when mixing or applying Consolicrete. Consolicrete is packaged in 2 Parts: Part A and B, separate pails. Part A and Part B are supplied in the appropriate mix ratio (50:50 by weight). You will need to supply a clean mixing container and use it as your Mixing Pail. Pour Part A (Resin) into mixing pail first, then add in Part B (Hardener) and mix thoroughly. Mixing is accomplished mechanically with an appropriate mix paddle. Mix for a minimum of 4-5 minutes at about 300 rpm to produce a streak free, homogenous product. Care must be taken to mix all the product and avoid any action that might entrap air such as high speed drill mixing. DO NOT THIN the product.
Before covering Consolicrete, be sure to check temperature, relative humidity and dew point. Proceed only when in safe area.
Consolicrete may be exposed to foot traffic once it has completely hardened. If the product becomes wet, it may become slippery. When exposed to traffic, thoroughly clean with soap and water and allow to dry before proceeding. If left exposed for extended period of time protect surface from wear and damage.
Must cover within 3 days*. First, thoroughly check the coating for any fish eyes or pinholes which would be a weak point in the membrane. Grind these areas and clean off residue. Make sure the surface is dry and re-coat. Many latex based adhesives require a leveling layer to absorb moisture from adhesive. DEPENDABLE recommends installing a protective leveler over Consolicrete to protect from disturbance if the floor covering is ever changed. Most cement and gypsum based underlayments and toppings, epoxy coatings, terrazzo and floor coverings should be applied within the 3 day recoat time. Many adhesives and materials will bond directly over Consolicrete where required.
* If declining to cover in 3 days, cleaning the surface with an acetone to ensure a bond between adhesive and epoxy is required.
UNDERLAYMENT / TOPPINGS
Treat the substrate as non-porous, using the appropriate primer for self-leveling products such as for DEPENDABLE SKIMFLOW ES. Trowel applied patching materials like SKIMCRETE XL may be applied directly to the coating following their technical data sheet instructions.
Floor covering adhesives that are applied directly to the membrane should follow instructions for bonding to a non-porous substrate. The adhesive may require a longer tack time. Refer to adhesive manufacturer for recommended installation procedures.
APPLYING FLOOR COVERING:
Most floor coverings will not bond to an epoxy directly. Dependable recommends covering Consolicrete with one of our self-levelers or feather products. When installing a self- leveler over Consolicrete, prime the floor with Primer SL and pour the desired thickness. When troweling a feather product over Consolicrete, mix the desired product with Acrylic Embossing Additive and apply. Products best suited for use over Consolicrete: Skimflow HPI, Feathercrete, White Skimcoat. If applying floor coverings after three days, clean Consolicrete with an acetone cleaning agent prior to priming or skim coating the floor.
Clean tools and equipment with xylene immediately after using. Wash hands and skin with soap or industrial hand cleaner, not solvent. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
LIMITATIONS / PRECAUTIONS
• Not a wear surface or topping
• Do not apply over a slab while experiencing hydraulic pressure.
• Do not apply over existing coatings, sealers or floor coverings.
• Do not apply where either slab or air temperature falls below 50°F (10°C) at or within 72 hours after installation.
• Do not use where temperature will exceed 125°F.
• Protect the area to be treated from strong sunlight, wind or drafts.
• Acid Etching should not be used as a method of preparation.
• Do not apply to new concrete slabs until at least 7 days old.
• Do not apply where Consolicrete will receive unprotected exposure to sunlight or UV radiation.
• Terrazzo strips may move and may corrode, therefore Consolicrete is not warranted over terrazzo strips.
• Can NOT be sprayed.
• DO NOT FREEZE.