The Dependable uncoupling mat provides a fast, durable and cost effective solution for tile installation. KeedeRoll™ 100’s technology works by absorbing subfloor movements and reinforcing mortar; while the fabric allows for shearing movement to take place by separating the subfloor from the tile or natural stone.
Ideal for plywood substrates providing reinforcement and strength. Tiles are a durable, easy to maintain and practical solution for any space. KeedeRoll™ 100 is designed to keep their durability for years to come even in today’s lightweight structures.
Features and Benefits
- Crack isolation protection
- Lay FLAT technology
- ASTM C627 Robinson Wheel Test Rated “Extra Heavy”
- Strengthens wood substrate
- Easy to install
- Light weight
- Can use modified thinset above and below
- 60 square feet roll
- 4 ft. width
- 15 ft. length
- 9 lbs/roll
- 200 square feet roll
- 4 ft. width
- 50 ft. length
- 30 lbs/roll
[toggle title=”Preparation and Application”]
KeedeRoll™ 100 may be applied over both plywood and OSB flooring. The flooring must be structurally sound and built to code with movement joints placed in accordance to industry standards.
• For a 16” o.c. Joist, I-joist, or floor truss a minimum subfloor thickness of 5/8” (16 mm) tongue-and-groove with a 1/8” (3 mm) gap between sheets.
• For a 19.2” o.c. Joist, I-joist, or floor truss. Minimum subfloor thickness of ¾” (19 mm) is required. Tongue and groove with 1/8” (3 mm) gap between sheets.
• For 24” o.c. I-joist, or floor truss a double layer of plywood may be used. A minimum subfloor of ¾” thickness (19 mm) is required and an added layer of 3/8” (10 mm) subfloor may be placed in addition. Substrate Preparation
• Verify subfloor is properly fastened, structurally sound and built to code.
• Clear any dust, paint, oil, wax or possible mortar bond breaker.
• Subfloor should be flat and even. Any leveling must be done prior to installation of KeedeRoll™ 100. Dependable’s self-levelers and patches may be used.
Thin-set Mortar and Grout
• It is recommended to use modified thin-set mortar when installing KeedeRoll™ 100 in accordance to ANSI A118.4 and/or ANSI 118.11 or an unmodified thinset in accordance to ANSI A118.1
KeedeRoll 100 may be applied over any structurally sound concrete. It may be applied over concrete that is cracked or pre-stressed. Additionally, ensure the slab meets TCNA requirements and temperature requirements.
• Slab must be structurally sound
• Must be free of wax, oil, dirt or any other bond breakers
• Must be leveled and prepared prior to install of KeedeRoll 100
• Assure the relative humidity level is within accordance to ASTM F2170 Standard test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Slabs
• Cracks in the concrete subfloor must exhibit in-plane movement only
Movement joints must be installed in accordance with the normal industry standards.
KeedeRoll 100 may be installed over electric thin mat or wire heating floor systems. Follow heated floor manufacturers instructions for the heated mat installation. Preparation For wood and concrete floors refer to the above flooring requirements. Prepare floor in accordance to the heating systems manufacturer. KeedeRoll 100 may be installed over the radiant heat mat in the same manner as it would be over a concrete or wood surface.
• ¼” or V- notch trowel for installing KeedeRoll 100
• Appropriate Thin-set Mortar
– 50 lb bag for 150-200 ft2 when installing KeedeRoll 100
– 50 lb bag for about 30-40 ft2 when setting tile
• Carpet knife
• Tile float or roller
Following the steps properly while installing KeedeRoll 100 is essential to the success of your installation.
• Mix mortar according to the manufacture instructions on the looser side.
• Starting from the wall and using the appropriate thin-set mortar begin troweling out the mortar using a ¼” x 3/16” V-notch trowel.
• Trowel enough area to cover with a portion of KeedeRoll 100 then work your way down while rolling out the mat.
• Place KeedeRoll 100 into the mortar with the fabric side down. A float trowel or roller should be used to ensure that the fabric is embedded to the mortar. Roll the area until any air pockets are eliminated.
• Lift up a corner to ensure there is full coverage of thin-set mortar on the fabric.
• Align the end and side sections of KeedeRoll 100 and apply mortar to the selvedge edge and subfloor. Roll the product out as done previously. Continue working the product out while making sure the joints are butted tightly and the selvedge edge is covered. Continue this pattern until the area is complete.
• At roll ends or butt joints place a piece of scrap KeedeRoll 100 fabric with the core removed from it under both pieces and trowel or roll into the thin-set mortar. Place additional mortar on the fabric and continue with the installation, assuring the fabric covers the entire seam edge. Installing Tile over KeedeRoll 100 All tile must be installed according to the tile manufacturers recommended installation instructions.
• Tile may be installed over KeedeRoll 100 as soon as KeedeRoll 300 has been installed and embedded into place.
• Trowel the appropriate mortar using the appropriate size trowel recommended d by the tile manufacturer depending on the tile size. Ensure the mortar has filled the entangled net and encased into the filaments.
• Embed the tiles into the setting materials. Periodically lift the tile to make sure the tile has appropriate coverage.
This product is not intended for use in areas with standing water.
This is including but not limited to fountains, pools, and tiled tubs.
This product is not intended to be used as a wear surface.
Always follow TCNA guidelines when installing KeedeRoll.
Do not bond directly to particle board, vinyl flooring, metal or other surfaces not approved by Dependable.
KeedeRoll is not designed to work in environments not approved by the thin-set manufacturer.
When installing natural stone over KeedeRoll, we recommend the use of two layers of plywood underlayment. If the installer does not use two layers of plywood, the limited warranty does not apply.
Large format tile applications are not warranted for industrial applications.
Call technical services at 1-800-227-3434 with any questions regarding the installation of KeedeRoll 100.