SKIMCRETE® CP is a high performance repair mortar. SKIMCRETE CP exhibits low permeability, tremendous bond substrates, and exceptional durability in commercial and industrial environments including extreme heat. SKIMCRETE CP is ideal for fast track projects in high traffic areas including streets and truck docks. SKIMCRETE CP is walkable within 1 hour of application and can be applied as thin as 1/4”. SKIMCRETE CP is easy to work with and usable in both interior and exterior applications.
- Vertical Repairs
- Parking Lots
- Truck Docks
- Heavy Industrial Repairs
- Commercial Floors
- Mud Beds, Rapid Trench Repair
Features & Benefits
- Fast Curing
- Interior and exterior applications
- One component
- High early strength
- Compatible with a wide range of temperatures
- Superior bond
- Resistant to freeze and thaw conditions
- 55 lb (24.9 kg) double wall bag
[toggle title=”Preparation and Application”]
The concrete surface should be clean and sound. The surface should be free of any bond breakers including but not limited to loose gravel, oil, wax, grease or dirt. If a bonding agent is not used the concrete should be presoaked and saturated surface-dry (SSD) condition without standing water. “Key In” all repairs. For foot traffic, 1/4” minimum key (repair perimeter), for loading docks or commercial repairs, perimeter must be a minimum of 1/2” deep and adjacent sound material.
Once surface is prepared immediately apply a scrub cost (scrubbing it vigorously into the substrate), immediately followed by placing and nishing the repair mortar.
1. Use a minimum 1/2” slow speed drill and mixing paddle or an appropriately sized mortar mixer. Do not mix by hand.
2. For every 55 lbs a 1/2 gallon of water may be used. DO NOT over water.
3. Mix for 3-5 minutes adding powder to the water. Do not over mix due to the formation of air bubbles. For deeper patches SKIMCRETE CP may be extended by adding up to 30 lbs of clean 3/8” pea gravel. Small additional water may be added only after 2 minutes of mixing; no more than one cup.
4. If patches are less than 1” deep keep the work neat. For deeper patches SKIMCRETE CP may be extended up to 30 lbs with washed and SSD (saturate surface dry) 3/8” pea gravel. 5. SKIMCRETE CP can accept epoxy after 6 hours.
Use water to clean SKIMCRETE CP off tools and equipment before material dries. Once it is dry it will need to be removed mechanically.
For Best Performance
In order to get the maximum performance keep the materials at 72ºF for 24 hours. Keep the materials from wind, sunlight and other weather conditions that could alter the drying time.
Do not apply less than 1/4” in thickness or where featheredge is needed.
Keep product stored between 50°F – 90°F
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Call customer service at 1-877-514-5336 with any questions or technical recommendations.
Do not use…
• Over presswood, particle board, masonite, chipboard, OSB, underlayment board not of APA Underlayment (exterior) grade or similar dimensionally unstable materials susceptible to movement or swelling.
• Single layer stripwood floors.