VAPORSEAL™ HM PLUS
VAPORSEAL™ HM PLUS is a two part, 100% solids epoxy moisture mitigation system for the control of vapor emissions in concrete. VAPORSEAL HM PLUS is an effective barrier to moisture up to 100% relative humidity (ASTM F2170-11), and/or 25 lbs MVER (ASTM F1869-11). VAPORSEAL HM PLUS’ low viscosity allows for fast and easy installation over existing and green (7 day old) concrete.
VAPORSEAL HM PLUS utilizes advanced epoxy resin systems (Benzyl Alcohol and Nonylphenol free), is VOC compliant resistant to high pH levels making it a perfect solution for concrete subject to high moisture content (RH). VAPORSEAL HM PLUS meets ASTM F3170-13 standards when tested per ASTM E96 at 12 mils thickness.
3.16 US Gallon Kit packaged in a box as:
- 3.5 US Gallon Pail for Part A (2.16 G Resin)
- 1 US Gallon Jug for Part B (1 G Hardener)
PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
Clean, Dry, Stable concrete at least 7 days old, properly prepared with a CSP 3.
VAPORSEAL HM PLUS is suitable for installation in concrete on floors with RH levels up to 100% RH.
• All floors should be tested per ASTM F-2170 (Standard Moisture Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete) before installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS. Other methods for testing moisture, including ASTM 1-1869-11 (Calcium Chloride test), are not accepted by Dependable and will not be considered for any warranty claims.
• Sources of external water infiltration that contribute to high moisture drive on slabs on or below grade should be identified and controlled prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS.
• Concrete surface must be dry prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS.
• During application and cure, maintain ambient and substrate temperatures 65 – 90ºF, with a relative humidity of 30-80%. Concrete must be 5º Fahrenheit or more above the dew point of the slab at the time of installation and throughout product cure.
• All concrete slabs must be structurally stable, sound, and clear of any contaminants or bond breakers prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS. Ensure all old adhesives, contaminants, curing compounds, bond breakers, oils, silicates, dust and sealers are completely removed. It is the responsibility of installer to utilize concrete core testing to identify potential use of silicates on slab, or in circumstances where alkali-silica reaction is suspected.
• After all slab repairs have been completed, mechanically prepare the concrete by shotblasting to a CSP of 3 prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS.
• Chemical preparation of the floor is not acceptable under any circumstances.
• Carefully vacuum the floor following mechanical preparation to ensure removal of dust, debris on the slab.
Leveling (application of self-leveling underlayments) should be done over the VAPORSEAL HM PLUS. If the concrete is too uneven to provide a uniform film of VAPORSEAL HM PLUS, use PrepPro RC to fill any significant holes to provide a more uniform surface. After the PrepPro RC has cured mechanically prepare ALL surfaces receiving VAPORSEAL HM PLUS to a CSP 3. For instructions on how to install PrepPro RC, consult our latest technical data sheet found on our website (www.floorprep.com).
Joints and Cracks
All expansion and isolation joints must be honored when installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS. Applying VAPORSEAL HM PLUS to concrete surfaces and “welding” control joints with the VAPORSEAL HM PLUS may lead to slab relaxation, slab curl, cracking and subsequent issues with finished flooring. Dependable is not responsible for such occurrences (whether they lead to moisture intrusion or not). Where this is a concern contact Technical services prior to installation.
Hairline cracks may be covered with VAPORSEAL HM PLUS, and then covered with an underlayment. Any nonmoving cracks 1/8” must be filled with a high modulus epoxy before installing VAPORSEAL HM PLUS. Consider adding sand to the High modulus epoxy for wider cracks. Consult technical services prior to installing a topping over VAPORSEAL HM PLUS.
Prior to mixing, ensure material is preconditioned to 65-75ºF. Colder temps will increase material viscosity, mixing and set times.
Each unit of VAPORSEAL HM PLUS comes pre-measured with 3.16 US Gal of epoxy: 2.16 US Gal of Resin (Part A) and 1 US Gal of hardener (Part B) in a 1 US Gal jug. After opening both containers add all of Part B into the Part A mixing container. Always mix
VAPORSEAL HM PLUS as a full kit using the pre-measured quantities provided. Using a 300 RPM drill with an epoxy or paint paddle, thoroughly mix the product for at least 3 - 5 minutes to a streak free consistency. After mixing, immediately pour the entire contents on the floor in a ribbon pattern across the pre measured area when done. Do not leave mixed material in the mixing pail for more than 3 minutes after mixing.
Prior to mixing, measure a 400 sq ft area on grade/ 625 sq ft above grade (per kit) for material application. Immediately after the mixed VAPORSEAL HM PLUS is spread in ribbon pattern across the measured area, use a straight bladed squeegee to uniformly spread the material. Back roll the applied material with a dual cage foam or solid core (fiber free) roller. Do not introduce excessive air by over rolling. Ensure VAPORSEAL HM PLUS is spread uniformly to a 12 mil thickness.
In very rare cases where concrete exhibits extreme out-gassing, contact Technical Services for instructions.
Cure Time (@ 70ºF)
• 5-6 hrs tack free
• 6+ hrs to apply primer or suitable floor covering adhesives
• 36 hours max recoat window.
When ambient temperatures are high, working and set time will be reduced, when temperatures are cooler set times will lengthen, typically 2x for each 10 degree drop from 73ºF.
Protect the area from foot traffic, dust and dirt until finished floor or underlayment installation is completed.
FLOOR AND UNDERLAYMENT INSTALLATION
After curing to a tack free condition, Vaporseal HM PLUS may receive floating floor systems without the need of further preparation. If a flooring adhesive is used, ensure the product is compatible with non-porous epoxy surfaces such as Vaporseal HM PLUS. A test area should always be performed prior to installing the entire floor to ensure compatibility.
For subsequent installation of an underlayment, utilize Primer A™ NEAT. Reference the primer A Data sheet for installation over non-porous surfaces. After Primer A is applied and dry, apply a suitable Dependable underlayment to realize a full system warranty.
Clean tools and equipment with soap and water or denatured alcohol immediately after using. Wash hands and skin with soap or industrial hand cleaner. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
LIMITATIONS / PRECAUTIONS
Vaporseal HM PLUS is intended for professional use only. Vaporseal HM PLUS has a placement time of 20 minutes when immediately spread on the concrete, colder temperatures may extend the working time of the product. Due to the exothermic chemical reaction,
Failure to immediately pour mixed Vaporseal HM PLUS to the substrate will significantly reduce placement time.
• Vaporseal HM PLUS is not for use as a final wear surface or topping and must be covered by a finished floor.
• For interior applications only
• Not for use over gypsum underlayments
• Do not chemically clean a concrete slab prior to installing Vaporseal HM PLUS.
• Do not apply Vaporseal HM PLUS to a concrete slab if adhesive was ever applied to the floor.
• MVER may fluctuate within slab areas and can have significant seasonal variations.
• Do not apply over existing coatings, sealers or floor coverings.
• Do not use in environments where temperature will exceed 100°F.
• Do not apply to concrete slabs with less than 3000 psi compressive strength and 200 psi internal tensile strength when tested per ASTM C1583.
• Concrete slabs must be at least 7 days old prior to material application.
• Terrazzo strips may move and may corrode, therefore Vaporseal HM PLUS is not warranted over terrazzo strips. Remove Terrazzo strips and patch damaged areas prior to application of Vaporseal HM PLUS.
• Conform to Building Codes and comply with the requirements of all applicable local, state and federal code jurisdictions.