VAPORSEAL™ HM is a two-part, 100% solids, epoxy moisture mitigation system designed to control vapor emissions in concrete.
VAPORSEAL HM is an effective barrier to moisture up to 100% relative humidity and is rated under 0.1 perms per ASTM E96 testing. VAPORSEAL HM’s low viscosity allows for fast and easy installation over concrete.
VAPORSEAL HM utilizes advanced epoxy resin systems, is VOC compliant, and resistant to high pH levels making it a perfect solution for concrete subject to high moisture content (RH).
3.2 US Gallon Kit packaged in a box as:
- 3.5 US Gallon Pail for Part A (2.2 G Resin)
- 1 US Gallon Jug for Part B (1 G Hardener)
VAPORSEAL HM is suitable for installation in concrete on floors with RH levels up to 100% RH.
• All floors should be tested per ASTM F-2170 (Standard Moisture Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete) before installing VAPORSEAL HM. Other methods for testing moisture, including ASTM 1-1869-11 (Calcium Chloride test), are not accepted by Dependable and will not be considered for any warranty claims.
• Sources of external water infiltration that contribute to high moisture drive on slabs on or below grade should be identified and controlled prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM.
• Concrete surface must be dry prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM.
• Concrete must be 5ºF or more above the dew point of the slab and rising at the time of installation.
• All concrete slabs must be structurally stable, sound, and clear of any contaminants or bond breakers prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM. Ensure all old adhesives, contaminants, curing compounds, bond breakers, oils, silicates, dust and sealers are completely removed. It is the responsibility of installer to utilize concrete core testing to identify potential use of silicates on slab, or in circumstances where alkali-silica reaction is suspected.
• After all slab repairs have been completed, mechanically prepare the concrete by shot blasting to a CSP of 3 prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM.
• Chemical preparation of the floor is not acceptable under any circumstances.
• Carefully vacuum the floor following mechanical preparation to ensure removal of dust, debris on the slab.
All leveling should be done over the VAPORSEAL HM. However, if the concrete is too uneven to provide a level film of VAPORSEAL HM, use SKIMCRETE® CP to fill any significant holes to provide a more uniform surface. After the SKIMCRETE CP has cured all repaired areas must be shot blast to a CSP 3. For instructions on how to install SKIMCRETE CP, consult our latest technical data sheet found on our website: www.floorprep.com.
JOINTS AND CRACKS
All expansion and isolation joints must be honored when installing VAPORSEAL HM. Applying VAPORSEAL HM to concrete surfaces and “welding” control joints with the VAPORSEAL HM may lead to slab relaxation, slab curl, cracking and subsequent issues with finished flooring. Dependable is not responsible for such occurrences (whether they lead to moisture intrusion or not). Where this is a concern contact Dependable Technical services prior to installation.
Hairline cracks may be covered with VAPORSEAL HM, and then covered with an underlayment. Any non-moving cracks 1/8” must be filled with a high modulus epoxy before installing VAPORSEAL HM. Consider adding sand to the High modulus epoxy for wider cracks.
Consult Dependable technical services prior to installing a topping over VAPORSEAL HM.
Prior to mixing, ensure material is preconditioned to 65-75ºF. Colder temps will increase material viscosity, mixing and set times.
Each unit of VAPORSEAL HM comes pre-measured with 3.2 gallons of epoxy: 2.2 Gallons of Resin (Part A) and 1 Gallon of hardener (Part B). Part B is packaged in a 1 gallon pail. After opening both containers add all of Part B into the Part A mixing container. Always mix VAPORSEAL HM as a full kit using the pre-measured quantities provided. Using a 300 RPM drill with an epoxy or paint paddle, thoroughly mix the product for at least 3 minutes to a streak free consistency. After mixing, immediately pour the entire contents on the floor in a ribbon pattern across the premeasured area when done. Do not leave mixed material in the mixing pail for more than 2 minutes after mixing. While mixing, avoid breaking the surface of the epoxy and introducing air into the mixture.
Prior to mixing, measure a 500 sq. ft. area on grade/ 700 sq. ft. above grade (per kit) for material application. Immediately after the mixed VAPORSEAL HM is spread in ribbon pattern across the measured area, use a straight bladed squeegee to uniformly spread the material. Back roll the applied material with a dual cage roller using a 3/8” lint free roller. Ensure VAPORSEAL HM is spread uniformly to a 10 mil thickness.
In very rare cases where concrete exhibits extreme out-gassing, contact Technical Services for instructions.
@ 73ºF – 5-6 hours to tack free
@ 60ºF – 12-15 hours
@ 50ºF – 18-24 hours
Protect the area from foot traffic, dust and dirt until finished floor or underlayment installation is completed.
FLOOR AND UNDERLAYMENT INSTALLATION
After curing to a tack free condition, VAPORSEAL HM may receive floating floor systems without the need of further preparation. If a flooring adhesive is used, ensure the product is compatible with non-porous epoxy surfaces such as VAPORSEAL HM. A test area should always be performed prior to installing the entire floor to ensure compatibility.
For subsequent installation of an underlayment, utilize PRIMER A™ NEAT. Reference the PRIMER A Data sheet for installation over non-porous surfaces. After PRIMER A is applied and dry, apply a suitable Dependable underlayment to realize a full system warranty.
Clean tools and equipment with soap and water or denatured alcohol immediately after using. Wash hands and skin with soap or industrial hand cleaner. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
LIMITATIONS / PRECAUTIONS
VAPORSEAL HM is intended for professional use only. VAPORSEAL HM has a placement time of 20 minutes when immediately spread on the concrete, colder temperatures may extend the working time of the product. Due to the exothermic chemical reaction, Failure to immediately pour mixed VAPORSEAL HM to the substrate will significantly reduce placement time.
• VAPORSEAL HM is not for use as a final wear surface or topping and must be covered by a finished floor.
• For interior applications only
• Not for use over gypsum underlayments. For fixing broken gypsum concrete: see Dependable’s CONSOLICRETE™.
• Do not chemically clean a concrete slab prior to installing VAPORSEAL HM.
• Do not apply VAPORSEAL HM to a concrete slab if adhesive was ever applied to the slab.
• MVER may fluctuate within slab areas and can have significant seasonal variations.
• Do not apply over existing coatings, sealers or floor coverings.
• Do not apply where either slab or air temperature falls below 50°F (10°C) at or within 72 hours after installation.
• Do not use in environments where temperature will exceed 100°F.
• Do not apply to concrete slabs with less than 3000 psi compressive strength. (Consult DEPENDABLE Technical Services).
• Terrazzo strips may move and may corrode, therefore VAPORSEAL HM is not warranted over terrazzo strips. Remove Terrazzo strips and patch damaged areas prior to application of VAPORSEAL HM.