What is Dependable LLC’s background?
Dependable, LLC is an American company from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Cleveland has been its home from they day it opened in 1951. All profits stay within America.
What is VAPORSEAL™ HM?
VAPORSEAL™ HM is an epoxy based product for 75% - 100% relative humidity.
Do you offer any approved Continuing Education Courses?
Yes, we offer a 1 hour approved course: Modern Solutions for Floor Preparation.
Programs approved through: American Institute of Architects (AIA), Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC), and The Alberta Association of Architects (AAA).
See more details here.
Can I safely use gypsum for floor leveling?
Plaster or gypsum based flooring is almost always the better choice for suspended floors, whether wood or concrete substrate, because of its tolerance for all substrates and increased flexibility. Where thin materials are used, it has the additional advantage of much faster natural drying and compatibility with adhesives. Gypsum based materials should not be used for a wear layer because of abrasion resistance or where standing or running water may be present. Because in the presence of heat, gypsum gives off water, it is actually a fire-retarding material in certain applications.
Can underlayment patches be force dried?
Some patches may be and some may not. It is never a good idea to force dry cement-based products. Robbing the product of water at this early stage will lead to shrinkage, cracking, dusting, increased permeability and an overall weaker product. Gypsum products, on the other hand, may be force dried once they have hardened. Fans, or heated air, may be blown directly across the surface of the patch to help dry the gypsum product without a change in performance.
Do I have to use WHITE LATEX LIQUID® with WHITE SKIMCOAT™ to get anti-microbial properties?
No, WHITE LATEX LIQUID® does not need to be used in order to get anti-microbial properties. This is because WHITE SKIMCOAT™ contains anti-microbial agents in the powder. WHITE LATEX LIQUID® will significantly increase and improve the anti-microbial properties. WHITE LATEX LIQUID® is always recommended for better adhesion, water resistance, flexibility and mildewcide protection.
Which products can I use to fix a gypsum floor?
How thick can I go with DEPENDABLE’S products?
Feather & Patch
Does SKIMCRETE® XL resist moisture? Up to what level?
Yes, SKIMCRETE® XL resists moisture up to 8 lbs. MVER using the Calcium Chloride Test Method (ASTM F-1869-09).
How do I select the right Self-Leveling Underlayment for my Applications?
On Concrete Applications:
- With severe surface contamination: SKIMFLOW® NP
- With high relative humidity: SKIMFLOW® ES with VAPORSEAL™ HM
- When flooring installation occurs the next day AND thickness exceeds ¼”: SKIMFLOW® ES
- When flooring installation occurs the next day AND thickness is ¼” or less: SKIMFLOW® NP
- When flooring installer refuses to perform short-blasting/mechanical profiling: SKIMFLOW® NP
- When a wear surface is requested: SKIMFLOW® TT
On Wood Applications:
- With severe substrate contamination: SKIMFLOW® HPI
- With high shear stress: SKIMFLOW® HPI
- When flooring installer requires installation the next day AND thickness exceeds ¼”: SKIMFLOW® ES with added lath
- When flooring installer requires installation the next day AND thickness is ¼” or less: SKIMFLOW® HPI
- When flooring installer requires a product water resistant WITHOUT fast-track flooring installation: SKIMFLOW® NP
On Gypsum Applications:
Both SKIMFLOW® HPI and SKIMFLOW® NP are equally suitable in this application. The only stipulation requested is price and performance requested.
- Where price is a low priority and performance is preferred: SKIMFLOW® NP
- Where price is a high priority and performance is not preferred: SKIMFLOW® HPI
On Unusual Applications:
- Well-bonded ceramic tile with a thick application and fast track application is required: SKIMFLOW® ES
- Well-bonded ceramic tile with a thin application: SKIMFLOW® NP
- Well-bonded ceramic tile with a thin application and price sensitive: SKIMFLOW® HPI
- Well-bonded vinyl plank: SKIMFLOW® NP
General Rules of Thumb:
- Wherever shot blasting is required or being performed regardless: SKIMFLOW® ES is a superior option
- Wherever the substrate is compromised by potential contaminants (old adhesive residue, underlayment, etc): SKIMFLOW® NP is a superior option