• Ensure the substrate is structurally sound
• Clear any dust, paint, oil, wax or potential bond breaker from the floor. Consult Dependable Technical Services if you have any questions.
• The subfloor MUST be at and level. If leveling is required use a Dependable self-leveler or patching product. If you’re installing KeedeRoll MT on a gypsum concrete sub oor use Dependable’s SKIMFLOW HPI or WHITE SKIMCOAT (see data sheets for details). If you’re installing KeedeRoll MT on a Portland concrete oor use Dependable’s SKIMFLOW ES and FEATHERCRETE products (see data sheets for details).
• The subfloor MUST be flat and level. If leveling is required use a Dependable self-leveler or patching product. If you’re installing KeedeRoll MT on a gypsum concrete subfloor use Dependable’s SKIMFLOW HPI or WHITE SKIMCOAT (see data sheets for details). If you’re installing KeedeRoll MT on a Portland concrete floor use Dependable’s SKIMFLOW ES and FEATHERCRETE products (see data sheets for details).
• Assure that the RH level of the concrete slab is in accordance with the finished floor’s tolerance level. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions. Use ASTM F2170 Standard Test Method for determining RH in concrete slabs to determine RH levels. (Note: this is not required for gypsum concrete).
• If the concrete slab exhibits any cracking, ensure the cracks are in-plane. If the cracks are NOT in-plane, do NOT install KeedeRoll MT.
Movement joints must be installed in accordance with industry standards, if they are not do NOT install KeedeRoll MT.
Heated floors are an approved substrate for KeedeRoll MT. Ensure the heated floor is either an electric thin mat or wire heating floor system. Follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions, and follow KeedeRoll’s installation instructions for wood substrates above.
• 1/4” x 3/16" or V-notch trowel
• Appropriate thin-set mortar (see Approved Thin-Set’s and Grouts above)
• Carpet knife
• Tile float or roller
Following the steps properly while installing KeedeRoll MT is essential to the success of your installation.
• Mix mortar according to the manufacture instructions
• Starting from the wall and using the appropriate thin-set mortar begin troweling out the mortar using a 1/4” x 3/16” V-notch trowel.
• Trowel enough area to cover with a portion of KeedeRoll MT then work your way down while rolling out the mat.
• Place KeedeRoll MT into the mortar with the fabric side down. Use a float trowel or roller should be used to ensure that the fabric is embedded to the mortar. Roll the area until any air pockets are eliminated.
• Lift up a corner to ensure there is full coverage of thin-set mortar on the fabric.
• Align the end and side sections of KeedeRoll MT and apply mortar to the selvedge edge and subfloor. Roll the product out as done previously. Continue working the product out while making sure the joints are butted tightly and the selvedge edge is covered. Continue this pattern until the area is complete.
• At roll ends or butt joints place a piece of scrap KeedeRoll MT fabric with the core removed from it under both pieces and trowel or roll into the thin-set mortar. Place additional mortar on the fabric and continue with the installation, assuring the fabric covers the entire seam edge.
Installing Tile over KeedeRoll MT
All tile must be installed according to the tile manufacturers recommended installation instructions.
• Tile may be installed over KeedeRoll MT as soon as KeedeRoll MT has been installed and embedded into place.
• Trowel the appropriate mortar using the appropriate size trowel recommended d by the tile manufacturer depending on the tile size.
• Ensure the mortar has filled the entangled net and encased into the filaments.
• Embed the tiles into the setting materials. Periodically lift the tile to make sure the tile has appropriate coverage.
This product is not intended for use in areas with standing water.
This is including but not limited to fountains, pools, and tiled tubs.
This product is not intended to be used as a wear surface.
Always follow TCNA guidelines when installing KeedeRoll MT.
Do not bond directly to particle board, vinyl flooring, metal or other surfaces not approved by Dependable.
KeedeRoll MT is not designed to work in environments not approved by the thin-set manufacturer.
When installing natural stone over KeedeRoll, we recommend the use of two layers of plywood underlayment. If the installer does not use two layers of plywood, the limited warranty does not apply.
Large format tile applications are not warranted for industrial applications.
Call technical services at 1-800-227-3434 with any questions regarding the installation of KeedeRoll.